2022 IN-PERSON SUMMER CAMP SESSIONS
CAMPS RUN FROM 9:00AM – 4:00PM MONDAY – FRIDAY
CAMPS HAVE BEEN ARRANGED BASED ON COOKING LEVEL
WE ARE PEANUT FREE AND ALLERGY AWARE
Rooks to Cooks is both Peanut / Tree Nut Free and Allergy Aware! We ask that parents speak to our staff about any known allergies prior to the start of your program. We strive to accommodate all campers and we will work with parents and children to ensure that the necessary precautions have been taken. It is important that all parties (camp staff, parents and campers) clearly understand that, in no way, can we guarantee that we will be able to remove all allergy-inducing ingredients from our recipes.
Beginner Cooking Camps
We recommend this program for youth ages 6 - 10 who have little to no previous experience in the kitchen. This is meant to be an introductory course, while still challenging our Rooks to work their way into our Intermediate programs this summer!
Click Here to View our Beginners Camps
Intermediate Cooking Camps
We recommend this program for youth ages 8 - 12 who have some previous experience in the kitchen. This is meant to reinforce and sharpen their current kitchen skills to work their way into our Advanced programs this summer!
Click Here to View our Intermediate Camps
Advance Cooking Camps
We recommend this program for youth ages 10 - 16 who have a good level of previous experience in the kitchen. Advanced courses are ideal for students who have taken Rooks to Cooks or other cooking programs in the past. This is meant to challenge all kitchen skills and allow their creativity to shine!
Click Here to View our Advance Camps
- Campers will learn culinary skills & theory from passionate and experienced Chef instructors
- We structure our camps like culinary schools. Recipe execution will be preceded by a full cooking demonstration by their Chef instructors
- Campers work in pairs to complete up to 5 daily recipes from scratch
- We do not work with any processed foods or sauces
- Our programs are hands-on, intensive and FUN
- Activities are primarily cooking activities, however, we do take 2 daily outdoor breaks where we run camp-style games & crafts.
- Each week ends with a graduation ceremony where every student receives a certificate and is recognized for their accomplishment. Ceremonies can be watched live through zoom or a recording can be viewed later that evening.
Click to View Summer 2022 Government Covid-19 Protocols
Parents/guardians, campers, and staff will be screened daily for symptoms and temperature prior to entering the building. Campers or staff who fail the screening will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the facility. Campers will be dropped off at the main entrance and escorted into the building safely by a R2C staff member.
- All campers and staff are required to wear a well-fitting, non-medical mask at all times indoors EXCEPT when eating and drinking, and ONLY outdoors when physical distancing is not possible. Each camper will eat at their own distanced station OR a shared station for siblings or "bubble mates".
- Cleaning and disinfection practices are increased:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be supplied at all entrances. Usage is mandated prior to entering the facility.
- All equipment used for activities will be cleaned and disinfected between use.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces will take place regularly throughout the entire day.
- Regular and frequent hand washing will be required when necessary.
- All dish washing will be executed by our Kitchen Assistants, not the campers themselves like usual
CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE LOCATION NEAREST YOU
What’s Included in the Registration
Chef Coat, Apron & No Cut Glove
Included in the cost of Registration is an official Rooks to Cooks Chef Coat, Apron and safety glove. Returning camper? Have no fear! Opt out of a uniform at check out for a reduced price.
Throughout the cooking camp day, campers work through several recipes and prepare their own lunches. The food varies from day to day and includes delicious and nutritious hot meals that all our campers enjoy. Please note that our programs are peanut free and Allergy Aware.
Daily Take-Home Treats
At the end of each camp day, food will be sent home with campers in Tupperware containers. Tupperware containers are to be supplied by the families. Campers get to share their tasty creations with their family! Your children will be delighted to offer you a taste of all their hard work at cooking camp.
We also offer optional Before and After camp care services.
• Before care from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – $15.00/day
• After care from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. -$15.00/day
• Emergency one-time care – $15.00
(Please note that before and after camp care is fully supervised child care only; no organized activities will be provided by the camp staff. Campers not picked up by 5:30 p.m. will be charged $15.00 late fee.)