Are Your Kids Hungry for Fun?
Have you been searching for something new, educational and fun to occupy your child this summer? If so, then our cooking camps for kids are for you.
And here’s WHY:
- Children learn life skills and become more independent in and out of the kitchen.
- Expands their palates and encourages them to try new foods and flavours
- The lessons at our kids culinary summer camp are hands-on, team-based and fun.
- Gain an understanding of food and where it comes from.
- Learn about nutrition and gain an appreciation for healthy eating.
- Our small group sizes guarantee a thorough and intensive education.
- Campers meet new friends and socialize with other aspiring young chefs.
- Kids learn to safely navigate a kitchen and handle food.
- Our kids cooking summer camp experience creates amazing memories that will remain for years to come!
FIND A CAMP NEAR YOU
What’s Included in the Registration
Chef Coat, Apron & no cut glove
Included in the cost of Registration is an official Rooks to Cooks Chef Coat, Apron and safety glove. Returning camper? Have no fear! Opt out of a uniform at check out for a reduced price.
Throughout the cooking camp day, campers work through several recipes and prepare their own lunches. The food varies from day to day and includes delicious and nutritious hot meals that all our campers enjoy. Please note that our programs are peanut free and Allergy Aware.
Daily Take-Home Treats
At the end of each camp day, food will be sent home with campers in Tupperware containers. Tupperware containers are to be supplied by the families. Campers get to share their tasty creations with their family! Your children will be delighted to offer you a taste of all their hard work at cooking camp.
A day in the life of a Camper
WE ARE PEANUT FREE AND ALLERGY AWARE
Rooks to Cooks is both Peanut / Tree Nut Free and Allergy Aware! We ask that parents speak to our staff about any known allergies prior to the start of your program. We strive to accommodate all campers and we will work with parents and children to ensure that the necessary precautions have been taken. It is important that all parties (camp staff, parents and campers) clearly understand that, in no way, can we guarantee that we will be able to remove all allergy-inducing ingredients from our recipes.
Note *Campers are asked to arrive by 8:30 a.m. at the start of each week*
We also offer optional Before and After camp care services.
• Before care from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – $15.00/day
• After care from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. -$20.00/day
• Emergency one-time care – $15.00
(Please note that before and after camp care is fully supervised child care only; no organized activities will be provided by the camp staff. Campers not picked up by 5:30 p.m. will be charged $15.00 late fee.)
Campers learn culinary skills & theory from passionate and experienced Chef instructors
We structure our camps like culinary school. Recipe execution will be preceded by a full cooking demonstration by their Chef instructors
Campers work in pairs to complete up to 5 daily recipes from scratch
We do not work with any processed foods or sauces
Our programs are hands on, intensive and FUN
Activities are primarily cooking activities, however we do take 2 daily outdoor breaks where we run camp style games & crafts
Our summer camp teams are comprised of 4 staff members: A Lead Chef, a Sous Chef, a Camp Counsellor and a Kitchen Assistant. Our Chef instructors are experienced and passionate culinary professions, eager to share their knowledge with the younger generation of chefs and inspire young minds. Our camp counsellors are enthusiastic and experienced youth workers who bring the camp activities and energy to our culinary classrooms. Our kitchen assistants are there to help and support our campers as they learn new skills and expand their culinary knowledge.
Click to View Covid Protocols and Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation requests must be made via email at least 21 days before the start date of your child’s camp session. All cancellations and refunds that are accepted will be subject to a $100 administration fee per camp session and per child cancelled. There are no substitutions, make-up days or refunds for cancellations requested or missed days after the start date of your child’s camp session. Should camps be unable to run or cancelled due to government imposed restrictions or lockdowns, all registrants will receive a credit for future use for the full value of the camp.
- If either you or your child/ward is unable to attend a camp, you may send someone else as a replacement if he or she has read and agreed to the terms and conditions in this Contract.
- We reserve the right to refuse enrolment or to dismiss a camper if, in our sole discretion, such refusal or dismissal is necessary to preserve the safety and security of the camp and/or other campers and participants. You will not be entitled to a refund in the case of such a dismissal.
- Early and late drop off is available as an added service for all of our camps. Should you bring or collect your child/ward outside of the stated hours for the camp, we will charge the cost of the early and late drop off service to your account.
- If Rooks to Cooks must cancel a camp due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of our control, you will have the following options:
- A full refund, less an administrative fee of $100.00 per camp session booked
- A full credit to be used towards any available services
- Proof of vaccination is not required to attend our in-person camps
- Unless noted otherwise for any specific camp locations
- Camps will run at under 50% capacity and with distanced seating
As of March 1st, 2022, per government guidelines and the advice of health professionals:
These are the same safety guidelines that Rooks to Cooks has always implemented and followed to guarantee a safe and fun space for all, and are subject to change based on government requirements as announced.
- We understand that the trajectory of Covid-19 provides a lot of uncertainty for parents in making decisions about the future, including their plans for camp in Summer 2022. That being said, the Ontario Ministry of Health provided summer day camps with approval to open in Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 and we were able to open and operate successfully with ZERO Covid-19 positive cases in both seasons. Assuming that we are allowed to open and operate in Summer 2022, our above refund policy will remain in effect with NO EXCEPTIONS.
Virtual Classes, Courses and Camps
- Any cancellations made 10+ business days from the start of your program, class or camp will result in a full refund less a $28.00 administrative fee per class, course or camp.
- If you cancel within within 7 or more business days from the start of your program, class or camp, there will be no refunds. You may choose to transfer to another class within the same term or forfeit the cost of the program.
- If you cancel 6 or less business days from the start of your program, class or camp, there are NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS permitted.
Private Lessons and Classes
- All payments for lessons and classes are non-refundable.
- If you are unable to attend your booked private lesson, you must notify us by telephone or by e-mail at least 7 business days before your class date to change to another class or to send someone else as a replacement.
- If you are unable to reschedule your lesson or to send another individual in your place AND If the personalized cooking program (the “PCP”) has not been created, a credit towards another of our Services will be issued to you.
- You may only send someone else as a replacement for a private lesson if they have read and agreed to the terms and conditions in this Contract. If the replacement wants to have a new PCP created for him or her, an administrative fee will be charged.
- In the event of cancellation, booked group classes are not eligible for refunds or rescheduling.
Release of liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
- INHERENT RISKS. Rooks to Cooks cooking classes involve activities, including food preparation, cooking and consuming food products, which by their nature involve inherent risks. There are numerous such risks, not all of which can be described herein, but may include those arising from the use and operation of high risk kitchen equipment and tools, such as: knives, gas or electric burners, oven, deep fryer, waffle iron, electric mixers, blenders, microplane, mandolin, mallet, cheese grater, peeler, and all cookware. Rooks to Cooks cooking classes are hands-on and student participation involves using knives and other sharp utensils, and participants will be working with, and in close proximity to, kitchen equipment, appliances and hot surfaces. Classes may also involve handling of raw food items, including meat. Potential risks may include, but are not limited to cuts, scrapes, bruises, sprains, puncture wounds, burns, scalds, broken bones, slips and falls, concussions, allergic reaction, food poisoning, choking, eye injury or eye irritations, skin irritations, and catastrophic injuries, including paralysis and death.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS BY ROOKS TO COOKS: Rooks to Cooks is committed to safety and health at all times in our in person and virtual kitchens. Staff perform proactive safety demonstrations prior to using any and all utensils and equipment. Staff perform proactive sanitation demonstrations at the start of and during the program. For in person programs, students are supervised at all times and will be given age-appropriate tasks. For virtual programs, students are expected to be supervised by their guardians with the support of our chef instructors.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I acknowledge that I understand the risks (including, but not limited to, those described above) associated with participation in Rooks to Cooks cooking classes and associated activities and agree to the assumption of such risks.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By registering for a course or class, I hereby waive any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, lawsuits, expenses or losses whatsoever arising from participation in Rooks to Cooks cooking classes and associated activities, except where such arises from Rooks to Cook’s gross negligence or intentional misconduct, and release Rooks to Cooks Inc., including its owners, officers, managers, employees, instructors, agents, contractors, representatives, volunteers, interns and insurers (collectively referred to as “Rooks to Cooks”) from any and all liability other than as set out herein.
- INDEMNITY: I agree to indemnify and save harmless Rooks to Cooks for any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, lawsuits, expenses or losses whatsoever arising from the participant’s participation in Rooks to Cooks cooking classes and associated activities, except where such arises from Rooks to Cook’s gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
- IF THE PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR. If the participant is under 18 years of age, I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the participant and have authority to enter into this agreement on behalf of such a child.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This agreement is a contract (“Contract”) between you (“you”, “your”, “me”, “my”, “I”) and Rooks to Cooks (“Rooks to Cooks”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) and applies to your registration for, and participation in, our cooking school lessons, classes, our camps and our crash courses (“Services” or “lesson” or “lessons” “class” or “classes” or “camp” or “camps”). You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Contract in order to receive our Services.
- By completing your purchases, you accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Contract and authorize us to charge the amounts indicated in the registration field to the credit card you have provided.
- We may amend this Contract at any time by posting a revised version on www.rookstocooks.ca or on any website that we may use in the future.
- To be eligible to register for any of our Services, you must be at least 18 years old (or have the permission of your guardian). If you are registering for Services to be provided to your child or ward under the age of 18 (the “Minor”), by accepting the terms and conditions of this Contract, you certify that you are the parent or legal guardian of the Minor and that you give approval to the participation in our Services by the Minor.
- If a camp does not reach the minimum registration numbers established by us, or if unforeseen or exceptional circumstances arise, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the camp on 7 days prior notice. If this occurs you will be provided the option of a credit or the choice to transfer to another class at a different location and/or time.
- If either you or your child/ward has any food allergies, you agree to call and discuss this with us prior to attending any classes or camps.
Fees, Payments and Rescheduling
- Your place in a class is only confirmed when payment is received in full by us. We accept payment by credit card or Interac e-mail transfer.
- You are responsible to us for the full amount of the fees for the classes if any payment is later invalidated for any reason. This means that, in addition to any other liability you may have to us, you will still be responsible for the amount of the fees payment, plus any additional fees, fines or penalties incurred by us if there is a reversal of the payment by your credit card. You agree to allow us to recover any amounts due to us and you agree to reimburse us through means other than by credit card.
- You agree that payment will be charged to the credit card that you supplied for the deposit. If you want to make alternate arrangements for final payment or to provide an alternate credit card, you must contact us before the final payment is due.
Release and Acknowledgment of Risk
- As a condition of and in consideration of Rooks to Cooks allowing you to participate in one of its classes, you agree as follows:
- I fully understand and acknowledge that: (a) cooking classes have inherent risks, dangers and hazards and these exist in my participation in the classes; (b) my participation or the participation of my child/ward in the classes may result in injury, illness or harm to me, my child/ward or others; (c) these risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the operators, owners, employees, officers, representatives or agents of Rooks to Cooks the negligence of the other participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes; and (d) by participating in the classes, I assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence, acts or omissions or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, representatives or employees of Rooks to Cooks, or by any other person.
- On behalf of myself, my personal representatives and my heirs, I hereby voluntarily release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, and agree to defend and indemnify Rooks to Cooks, its affiliates and each of their respective agents, shareholders, officers, directors representatives and employees (collectively the “Indemnitees”) from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, harm, illness, loss of Services or otherwise which may arise out of my participation or the participation of my child/ward in the classes. I further agree to indemnify and hold the Indemnitees harmless in respect of any claims arising in connection with the classes made by: a) third parties, which arise from the misconduct of the participants or Indemnitees; b) my family members, or dependents of heirs, c) third parties or friends, and each of their family member or dependents of heirs which I, or my estate, have sued, if damages are recovered from such third parties, to the extent the third party obtains any indemnification from Rooks to Cooks; except where the loss, injury, death or damage is caused by the reckless or fraudulent conduct on the part of the Indemnitees.
- I understand that Rooks to Cooks retains the right to take photographic or film records of any of the classes, and I agree that Rooks to Cooks may use any such photographic or film records for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any payment or consideration to me or my personal representatives or heirs. I agree to assign all right, title and interest I may have in or to any media in which my name or likeness might be used to Rooks to Cooks and I waive any and all associated moral rights I may have in any such photographs or film records.
- You agree that Rooks to Cooks is not responsible for any expense or liability resulting from cancellation or interruptions of the classes, labor disputes, war, acts of terrorism, government restraints, weather conditions, sickness, and pilferage or any other cause or reason beyond its control. Rooks to Cooks reserves the right to accept, or to retain or refuse any person as a participant of any class or to cancel any class if circumstances so demand. In the event a class is cancelled, Rooks to Cooks will attempt to reschedule such class.
Law and Forum for Disputes
- You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Rooks to Cooks must be resolved by a court located in Ontario, Canada. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located Toronto Ontario, Canada, the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. This Contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Ontario, Canada.
- Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you agree that Rooks to Cooks’ entire liability to you, regardless of whether your claim is based in negligence, contract or tort, will be limited to the fees you paid for the class and Rooks to Cooks will not be liable for any, reliance, special, indirect, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages of any kind including but not limited to, lost profits, lost revenues, lost savings, lost business opportunity, lost data, business interruption, or unmet expectations (whether foreseeable or not), arising out of or in connection with this Contract.
- Rooks to Cooks provides the Services “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
Idea Submission/Use of Information
- While Rooks to Cooks welcomes your comments and suggestions during the classes and about its products or Services, you agree that Rooks to Cooks does not seek to solicit any confidential or proprietary ideas, suggestions, materials or other information relating to developing, designing, redesigning, modifying, manufacturing or marketing its products or any new products or Services. By submitting information, or offering ideas, you warrant that Rooks to Cooks may publish such information, use it as part of its operations, and incorporate its concepts in Rooks to Cooks products and services without any liability or compensation to you.
- This Contract, along with any applicable policies and agreements on the Terms and Conditions page on our websites, sets out the entire understanding between you and Rooks to Cooks with respect to the Services. Any terms which by their nature should survive will survive the termination of this Contract. If any provision of this Contract is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
OUR POP UP RESTAURANT: “PETIT CHEFS”
At the end of each week (except for the 4-day weeks), Rooks to Cooks transforms into our world-renowned pop-up restaurant, “Petit Chefs”.
Campers have the unique opportunity to invite their family and friends to partake in a meal that they will create from start to finish! At Petit Chefs, our campers run the show working as the servers, bartenders, hosts, and chefs. All of the food and beverages served at the restaurant are 100% in house made by the campers themselves. At the end of the meal, all the campers will receive a monetary tip, teaching them that hard work pays off, literally.
This is a unique and phenomenal experience for your young chefs:
They can showcase their new skills as they prepare and serve a 3 course tasting menu all on their own.
Campers take on the roles of chefs, bartenders, hosts and servers, making this a night to remember for everyone involved.
The dining experience ends with a ceremony where campers will get a badge honouring their accomplishment of that session along with a certificate. We are also going to be holding a Chefs of distinction ceremony in which 4 campers will be identified for the exhibition of stellar qualities – Leadership, Kindness, Passion and Most improved.
Reservations for family and friends must be made 5+ business days prior to the start of your child’s camp; there will be a prix fixe menu with a set price of $20.00 per person. Act fast and secure your reservation to lock in an optimal time.
The menu changes depending on the week and will be revealed each Wednesday. Just like any restaurant, we will accommodate all allergies and food aversions.
“My kids absolutely loved Rooks To Cooks and chef Shai!
If your kids are picky eaters, you should definitely try this class – chef Shai will get them to try anything, and I mean anything! By the end of her class, my child, who would only eat pasta (no sauce), made his own sushi and ate it too!
The summer camp is also great, the pop-up restaurant at the end of the week is awesome. It’s a full scale production and kids have a blast.
Definitely recommend it!”
“My daughter went to the Leslieville location this summer and had an amazing time. She says it was her favorite camp and she learned practical life skills. Not to mention she can now make desserts for the family : ). We enjoyed all the different stuff she brought home daily and appreciated that fact that she was fed lunch every day so no packing lunches!!”
“Our sports kid broke his arm the week before camp, but that didnt seem to affect his experience. Thanks so much to the super accommodating and caring staff. He enthusiastically recounted his day and reproduced recipes every night at home. What a surprising frontrunner for favorite camp of the summer! Thanks for all the great meals!! (Beaches location)”
“My daughter Sophie learned so much during her week at Rooks to Cooks and also had such an amazing time! She developed a love for cooking and even cooked us dinner at home.
Chef Shai was very accommodating, supportive and very enthusiastic in ensuring that the children enjoyed their experiences! I’d certainly send Sophie back next summer. I wish Rooks to Cooks would offer cooking classes during the year for children! AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!!”
“Rooks to Cooks was by far our son’s best experience at camp to date. He came home brimming with pride every day, so excited to show us his delicious creations. I am amazed by the skills he learned and can’t wait for him to do more of your programs. The staff at the High Park/Bloor West location were incredible and made every day a joy. Thanks for a wonderful week of cooking. Can’t wait for next summer!”
“Both my 7yrs old rated Rooks to Cooks (Markham) as the top summer they went to this summer. They have gain lots of confidence in the kitchen as well as starting to offer help with dishes and cooking. Can’t wait to sign up for the next summer!!”
“Wow – this camp is absolutely fantastic. If your kid likes cooking – then definitely send them here! The program’s attention to detail and responsiveness is unreal and unlike ANY other camp we have attended. The recipes, the qualifications, professionalism and enthusiasm of the staff, and the amazing pop up resto on the last night have kids working towards a master goal. Absolutely brilliant! My daughter was waiting at the door each morning, fully packed- begging me to go! She even came home and washed up her own Tupperware each day with no prompting. Talk about life skills. One would have no idea that this is only their second year of operations! Just wow!! (We did the North York location)”
“This was one of the best camps our kids have attended! It was so well organized and well planned out. The kids learned so much about the whole baking process and the food they made was so delicious. The pop cafe was a wonderful idea and we got to see the supportive, hardworking and fun environment that Chef Charlotte and the other chefs created. We loved that lunches were included too. We would highly recommend this camp!”
“My son attended summer camp at High Park North location. He loved the experience and his confidence in the kitchen has grown tremendously. He is able to come up with recipes that actually work based on his experience and learning- it’s very amazing to watch! The staff were lovely and took great care. We had treats to enjoy from the day’s cooking, and conversations around it at the dinner table. The pop-up restaurant to end the week was the cherry on the cake- the kids pulled off a great event which was such a moment of pride and joy for us parents!”
“This camp was incredibly well managed, and the types of food prepared were way beyond anything we imagined from a kids cooking camp! The councilors are amazing – knowledge, friendly, and super fun. As a parent, I particularly appreciated their focus on kitchen safety. My daughter took so much away from her week and is now helping to prepare food at home. She can’t wait to go back again next year.”
-Jennifer Siripong Mandel